Laundry can be a real pain when you run short of time. For some, washer helps with half of the task. But many find it too tedious to iron the heap of clothes especially when you have a family to take care of and a job to attend. To top it up, many of the urban homes do not have an in-house washer and dryer. Even the apartments do not have an in-building laundry room. Then you have to carry your soiled clothes all the way to the nearest laundromat and wait there till you are done with it. Some of them do offer services like wash and fold or the pickup and drop. But this laundry sector is largely unorganized. Enter the on demand laundry services.
– What is the on demand laundry service?
The on demand laundry services make the process of cleaning clothes more quick and convenient through the use of a laundry app. Customers use this app for various purposes including request for cleaning services. They can arrange for pickup and delivery, they can schedule the date and time, and they can rate and review the laundry services.
– How does an on demand laundry service work?
The on demand services follow a simple model. The laundry app development is also similar to other on demand models. It basically contains three important panels-
- Customer panel
- Admin panel
- Laundry agent panel
Let us briefly understand the working of these individual panels in the laundry app-
• Customer panel: The user first signs and registers on this app with details like name, address, contact number, email id and so on. Next, they have to fill in their payment details. Then they select the required laundry shop and the services required. The quantity is filled and this shows them the total payment to be made. The payment option is to be selected. They can place their request after scheduling the pickup and delivery date and time and the address.
• Laundry shop agent/delivery agent panel: The agent first signs in and registers himself on the app. Push notification is received when a customer places a request. The agent can either accept or reject the order. If they accept it, they have to go to the customer location as per the customer’s scheduled date and time. After providing the services as requested by the customer, they have to deliver it back to the customer address at the specified date and time. Before the delivery, the agent from the laundry service provider will check if the clothes have been cleaned properly and ensure that there is no damage to the clothes. The agents have to constantly keep their status updated so that the customer can track the order status.
• Admin panel: The admin can track all the orders and payments. The laundry mobile app development company designs the admin panel in such a way that the admin can manage both the customer and laundry agent app. The admin can create new push notifications for offers and promotions. He can view and edit the ratings and reviews. He can manage the selection categories and add/edit them. The admin panel will also have the analytics section to get details about the number of app users, locations of the users, the number of orders placed and so on. This will help them to improvise their customer services.
– What are the features in an on demand laundry app?
The features in your on demand laundry app decide how much of convenience you provide to your customers. Let us look into the important features that any laundry app has to provide to its customers.
1. Login/Registration- The user first signs up for the laundry app through popular social media accounts or through email credentials. The subsequent login is through the signup name and password.
2. Profile settings- The user now fills in some details required by the laundry service provider like address, contact number and so on. The card details are also filled in for subsequent use.
3. Multiple address option- Through this, the customer will be able to add multiple addresses on the address page. They can choose any of the address when placing a request. This makes the ordering easy and fast.
4. Selection- This is the basic of any laundry mobile app development. The user is provided with many options for the laundry service. They have to select any local laundry shop. Next, they have to select the type of service required like the wash, iron, dry-clean etc. Any further selection like the detergent to be used can be customized. The rates are written against the services.
5. Laundry service description- This section is to know more about the services of the laundry shops so that the customer gets an idea about the service options provided by them.
6. Order- The customer places a request for the laundry pickup. The customer can schedule the time and date as per their convenience.
7. Payment- The on-demand laundry mobile app development integrates many payment gateways. Thus the customer will have varied payment options like the card, wallet or cash on delivery.
8. Notes- The customer can type in any specification required at the time of placing the order. This special note will be taken care of by the laundry service provider.
9. Schedule date and time- The customer can schedule the pickup and delivery date and time as per his convenience.
10. Track orders- The customer can track their request order from the time of pickup until the clothes get delivered back to them.
11. Push Notifications- The customer receives push notifications regarding the status of the order. They also receive messages regarding any offers, new launches, features, and promotions.
12. Favorites- The customers can add any of the listed laundry shops to their favorite list. They can order the laundry service from their favorite list.
13. Booked History- The customer can view all the previous orders through the booked history in the profile section. This will help them for subsequent repeat orders.
14. Ratings & Reviews- This is an important feature to be included during the laundry app development process. The addition of this feature enables the customer to review the laundry shops. The other users benefit from the ratings and reviews.
15. Feedback- This enables the customer to provide some suggestion and ideas that can help the laundry service providers to improve their services.
16. Automatic reminder- This feature included at the laundry mobile app development stage is for customer convenience. This automatic time reminder will inform the user about the pickup time so that he can keep the clothes ready for the laundry man to pick up.
17. Coupons and special offers- Discounts and offers are mentioned against the laundry services. The laundry service provider can offer discounts like free ironing if the clothes for wash exceed a limit and so on. These offers are basically for business promotion to retain customers and add new.
18. In-app Chat support- This is to support the customer when they get stuck at any point when using the app. They can chat online with the laundry service provider and resolve any queries with this chat feature.
Your app is the key connection between you, your users and the laundry service agents. Hence, it is necessary that you have a laundry app that serves its function seamlessly and efficiently. Your app depends on the laundry app development company that you choose. So, be very careful when you select your laundry app development company. Opt for one that has expertise in the development of on demand apps so that they understand your requirements and transfer it to the app.